Working from home can be very rewarding. However, you need to set up the right type of home office to ensure you get work done without making it harder than it has to be. Depending on your taste and the type of environment you like, setting up your home office may vary. Here are some of the things you should consider.
Start with the Desk
Of course, your home office needs a desk and there are several styles to choose from. Whether you need a classic type of desk with drawers or you prefer a corner desk, you can find many different choices. Some of the top desks include:
- Walker Edison Soreno 3-Piece Corner Desk
- Prepac White Floating Desk with Storage (great space saver)
- Sauder Edge Water Computer Desk
- Ameriwood Home Wildwood L Shaped Desk
- Techni Mobili L-shaped Glass Computer Desk
- Bush Furniture Harvest Espresso Oak Cabot Collection L-Desk
- Sauder Camden County Computer Desk
- Bush Furniture Cabot Corner Desk with Hutch
- Monarch Specialties Hollow-Core Left or Right Facing Corner Desk
These are just a few of the top choices for your home office. The Prepac White Floating Desk can help save plenty of space, while the corner and L-shaped desks can provide a great division to any home office.
Next, You Need an Office Chair
If you plan to spend a lot of time sitting at your desk, you need a comfortable office chair. Here are some of the top choices for your home office.
- Lorell Executive High-Back Chair
- HON VL705 Mesh Back Leather Big and Tall Chair
- Flash Furniture High Back Office Chair
- Deluxe Armless Wood Bankers Desk Chair
- Wild Sports College Leather Office Chair
- Wild Sports Official NFL Leather Office/Coaches Chair
- Herman Miller Mirra Home Office Chair Deluxe
- OFM Posture Series Armless Mid Back Task Chair
- MLB New York Yankees Leather Office Chair
- Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Office Chair with Tilt Limiter and Seat Angle
- Herman Miller Classic Aeron Task Chair
All of these chairs provide very good support. However, the Herman Miller chairs are the best on the market. If you have a favorite team, you can get a leather home office chair to show your support, as well.
Add a Bookcase to Your Home Office
Maybe you enjoy reading, need somewhere to display items or you just want to add a bookcase to your home office. Whatever your reason, a bookcase can be a great way to add storage to your home office. The top choices include:
- Sauder Shoal Creek Library with Doors
- South Shore 4-Shelf Storage Bookcase
- Bush Furniture Alamosa Ladder Bookcase
- Coavas Industrial Folding Bookshelf
Storage is very important and sometimes you don’t want to just store items, but actually display them. A bookcase is a great option for your home office for this reason.
Lighting Your Home Office
Many types of light can make your home office a great place to work. The best type of light is any natural light you can use, but supplementing the light with a desk lamp or track lighting can help. Here are some of the top choices.
- Black and Decker Office VLED1819-BD Battery LED Desk Lamp
- TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp with USB Charging Port
- Koncept AR3000-C-MBK-DSK Z-Bar LED Desk Lamp
- Cocoweb LED Grand Piano Clip-on Lamp with Rotational Light Shade
- BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp
- Calyx Industrial Rustic Desk Table Lamp
- Georgetown Traditional Desk Table Lamp
- Catalina Lighting 21903-000 Transitional 6 Integrated LED Flex Track Ceiling Light
- Kira Home Broadway 30″ 4-Light Industrial Directional Track Light
- NOMA Track Lighting | Adjustable Ceiling Light Fixture
- Organic Amber Glass 4-Light Ceiling Track Fixture
With the right lamps and track lighting, your home office can become a well-lit place for work.
Accessories to Consider for Your Home Office
Finishing off your home office may require a few different items, depending on the type of work you do. Some of the best accessories for your home office include:
- White Boards
- Cork Boards
- Storage Bins
- File Cabinets
- Supply Caddy
- Desktop Filing System
- Surge Protector
- And More!
Once you have the right items, arranging them in a comfortable way for your new home office will be all you need to do. With the right setup, you can get more work done without leaving your home.